*Accepting applications for summer quarter-time AmeriCorps Conservation Director positions. Send your resume to email@example.com*
Conservation Nebraska is hiring quarter-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Conservation Directors for our Common Ground Program.
The term of service will begin May 3rd, 2021, and go through August 31st, 2021.
Purpose: If you care deeply about our state and ensuring that Nebraska has a bright future, this opportunity is for you. In this position, you will be an AmeriCorps Member serving to improve environmental stewardship in Nebraska.
What is AmeriCorps: AmeriCorps is a civil society program engaging adults in public service work with a goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.” As an AmeriCorps member with Conservation Nebraska, you will join an impressive cohort of service-minded Americans from across the country.
Position Description: As an AmeriCorps member with Conservation Nebraska, you will build local capacity to manage Nebraska’s resources by increasing knowledge of and concern for the most important conservation issues facing our state. You will recruit, coach, and support local community volunteers in implementing conservation projects, and build partnerships between conservation professionals, local and state government, and your fellow community members.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Recruiting community volunteers in each of the communities in your region.
- Organize monthly educational events and/or community discussions focused on conservation issues.
- Helping community volunteers organize monthly service-learning projects that benefit local partners, such as the Natural Resources Districts, the Natural Resources Conservation Service, or local nonprofit organizations that focus on conservation. These service-learning projects include (but are not limited to) water testing, planting native grasses, or expanding recycling efforts.
- Assisting in the development of long-term conservation projects.
- Door-to-door canvassing and/or phone banking
- Maintaining accurate contact records of every person who engages with the Common Ground Programming listed above.
- Manage collection and analysis of surveys measuring increased knowledge about conservation issues and/or belief that it is important to responsibly manage our natural resources.
- Expanding and strengthening partnerships between Conservation Nebraska and local entities and organizations already working on conservation issues in the region.
- Weekly reporting of time, mileage
- Any other requirements as directed by the Program Director.
Benefits of Serving as an AmeriCorps Member with Conservation Nebraska:
- Living stipend of $5,000 for quarter-time AmeriCorps members
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award $1,638.89 for quarter-time AmeriCorps members. You can use your education award to repay qualified student loans and to pay certain educational expenses at eligible institutions of higher education and training programs.
- The AmeriCorps position can also be utilized to satisfy an internship requirement for college
- Become part of a prestigious network of AmeriCorps members from across the country.
Minimum Education Level: High school diploma or GED
- Dedicated to your professional growth
- Making Nebraska an even better place to live
Other Requirements: Car and driver’s license needed
*Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.*
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Conservation Nebraska provides equal opportunity for all. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment or service because of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other improper criterion.
All AmeriCorps members have the right to request a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their position. Reasonable accommodations may be provided upon request. If you are a person with a disability and you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Amanda Gangwish, Program Manager, email@example.com.